Fashion house Hermes extends into the beauty category
Post by Sameena Farooq | Mar 28, 2019
The famous French fashion house Hermes is ready to expand its market into the beauty category by the next year.
A collection of in-house manufacturers are ready to get the developed in-house third-party suppliers in France and Italy, by making the use of plastic-free packaging.
“It’s one of the big market names that's running with a team of strong players and find a place in it,” said by Hermes CEO Axel Dumas.
He is excited with this association and stated, “It’s quite exciting: It’s a new activity, with all the risks that involve, so we will deploy it progressively, initially in our own stores mainly in a limited distribution so that we can learn.”
Hermes is a well know beauty product that has released a set of fragrances including the Twilly d’Hermès, Terre d’Hermes, and Un Jardin Sur La Lagune, all of these have achieved its sale of US$355 million last year.
The rival fashion group houses Dior and Chanel are expanding their category into beauty industry last month and Gucci confirmed it as a launch of new makeup-ranges.
Dumas said, “Obviously, we hope to have the biggest scope possible and trying to do it humbly and cautiously because it’s a big market that’s already full of strong players, and therefore we have to find our place in it.”
Sign up to collect offers
- Walmart is likely to rise high in e-commerce business by recording US$1b loss
- Mr Jeff Is Planning Expansion In Singapore And The Philippines!
- Booktopia To Start Printing Its Own Edition Of Popular Books!
- Amazon is now extending free international shipping on this Prime Day
- Online buyers focus more on price over quality
- Suresh Kumar, Former Amazon Executive Is Hired By Walmart For Expanded Role!
- 30 Big W Stores To Close In The Next Three Years!
- Majority of online customers compare brands to Amazon
- Kathmandu customers possibly detected by a data violation
- Amazon Expands Delivery Options And Targets College Students
on Your phone
Get your hands on our Mobile Apps for Android & iPhone for offers on the goDownload App