Myntra’s Vector Registers 90% Drop in FY18 Revenue
Post by Sameena Farooq | Jan 01, 2019
The company Myntra has made a huge loss of Rs 52 lakhs in comparison with the profit of Rs 9 crore a year before.
BENGALURU: One of the biggest E-commerce vendor Myntra has seen a great fall on their revenue by more than 90% to Rs81 crore in the year-end of March 2018. The company has made a total loss of Rs 52 lakh as compared with the profit ranging of Rs 9 crore a year before.
This is another example where e-commerce platform is reducing their dependence on their top few sellers by following the government regulation of the year 2016. This is making a clear indication that a single merchant cannot have more than 25% of overall sales on any e-commerce platform.
Earlier this year, Flipkart has stopped on selling on the platform after its revenue declines by 67% in the Financial year 2017.
Vector E-Commerce’s financial statements represent that the company faced a negative net worth of Rs. 6.21 crores and working capital of deficit of Rs 16 crore stated on March 31, 2018.
The auditors said in their filings, “These conditions are a pure indication that the material uncertainty can cause doubt about the company’s ability to continue as going distress”.
Vector E-Commerce’s has faced a fall of 30% on its overall revenue in FY17.
Further, Amazon’s focus is to help the seller on focusing beyond its entity Cloudtail. This has resulted in Amazon's revenue increase at about 27% ranging above Rs 7,149 crore in FY18, which is much lower than the four-fold augment in FY16.
Sign up to collect offers
- Australian E-commerce sold 2.5$ Billion on the Boxing Day Sale Last Month
- Online Fashion Brand Yoox Launches a new Mobile App for Style Savvy People
- Australian Dollar Has Risen Slightly!
- Coca-Cola Completes Costa Acquisition
- InnerOrigin Expands It's Business By Launching Brick-And-Mortar!
- Zara Owner Hit By FX Swings and Strange Warm Weather
- Booktopia Plans to Raise $10 Million through Equity Crowdfunding
- Tapestry Inc. Have Reported Increased Revenue this Quarter!
on Your phone
Get your hands on our Mobile Apps for Android & iPhone for offers on the goDownload App