Suresh Kumar, Former Amazon Executive Is Hired By Walmart For Expanded Role!
Post by Tuba Qureshi | Jun 04, 2019
Walmart Hires Former Amazon Executive For Expanded Opreations!
The giant retail company Walmart, has hired the former Amazon executive - Suresh Kumar as its new chief development officer and chief technology officer with an aim to compete efficiently with other competitive tech-savvy retailers.
Kumar, who will be taking on the newly expanded role on 8th of July, holds senior positions in Google, Amazon, and Microsoft. He was recently working at Google where he serves as general manager and vice president of the display, app, video ads, and analytics and before that, he worked as a corporate vice president of cloud infrastructure operations in Microsoft.
Prior to joining Microsoft, Kumar was with Amazon for about 15 years, holding several roles including vice president of technology for retail systems and operations head of the retail supply chain and inventory management systems of the company.
He will report to Doug McMillion, the CEO of the company in July and will be based at the Sunnyvale, California office of the company.
According to Walmart, "Kumar is joining the company at a time when it is rapidly transforming its customer and associate experiences."
McMillon says, “The technology of today and tomorrow enables us to serve our customers and associates in ways that weren’t previously possible. We want to take full advantage of those opportunities,”
He further adds “Suresh has a unique understanding of the intersection of technology and retail, including supply chain, and has deep experience in advertising, cloud and machine learning. And, he has a track record of working in partnership with business teams to drive results.”
Sign up to collect offers
- Walmart is likely to rise high in e-commerce business by recording US$1b loss
- Mr Jeff Is Planning Expansion In Singapore And The Philippines!
- Booktopia To Start Printing Its Own Edition Of Popular Books!
- Amazon is now extending free international shipping on this Prime Day
- Online buyers focus more on price over quality
- 30 Big W Stores To Close In The Next Three Years!
- Fashion house Hermes extends into the beauty category
- Majority of online customers compare brands to Amazon
- Kathmandu customers possibly detected by a data violation
- Amazon Expands Delivery Options And Targets College Students
on Your phone
Get your hands on our Mobile Apps for Android & iPhone for offers on the goDownload App