Global Internet Shutdown Likely To Happen For The Next 48 Hours!
Post by Sameena Farooq | Oct 12, 2018
Today, Russia has reported that the internet all around the globe will face a major failure due to the domain servers and the related network will be down for some time.
The internet users all around the globe will face a halt in their network over the next 48 hours.
The Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is efficiently looking after the problem and carrying out the maintenance work currently. During this time period, it will change the cryptographic key that will help in protecting the internet’s address book or the Domain Name System (DNS).
The ICANN said, “This was initiated in order to keep a control of the rising cyber attacks and incidents”.
In the report, the Communications Regulatory Authority (CRA) made the statement that the global internet shutdown is essential in order to ensure secure, constant and flexible DNS.
CRA stated, "To further state, the internet users might be affected hugely if their network slows down or Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have not organized for this change. In order to control the impact, it can be avoided of the appropriate system security extensions gets enables."
All the Internet users should be ready and must not make any online transaction as they won’t be able to access it for the next 48 hours. Also, they could face inconvenience in loading any network if they use an outdated ISP.
Sign up to collect offers
- The LVMH Cosmetic Retailer - Sephora Confirms Its Comeback In Hong Kong!
- SF Express Shrinks Its New Retail Business By Shutting Down Its Offline Stores!
- Special Features Travertine Bakery And Coffee Shop Opened In Seoul, South Korea!
- Klook Signs a Global Partnership with Rail Europe for Targeting the Modern Travelers
- Convenience Retail Asia reports rise in its turnover
- A Quick Insight Of The New Store Of Chloe!
- CP Lotus Corporation Face Loss After Its Massive Expansion!
- Juniper Research Predicts Smartwatch Market For A Shakeup
- L'Oreal Asia Pacific Massive Sales Record, Leaving Behind Its North America Business!
- Hong Kong’s Hui Lau Shan Is Ready to Be Launched in the Philippines
on Your phone
Get your hands on our Mobile Apps for Android & iPhone for offers on the goDownload App