World’s Longest Sea Crossing Bridge – Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Is All Set To Launch Next Week!
Post by Tuba Qureshi | Oct 18, 2018
HONG KONG – The opening ceremony of the logiest sea bridge of the world connecting Macau, Zhuhai and Hong Kong has finally announced!
23rd October 2018, will the day when the Mega Bridge of about 55km will finally open, says the recent reports. After all the delays, corruptions prosecutions, conspiracies on the deaths of construction workers and budget overruns, the announcement of the inaugural this bridge has finally made.
The major reason to build this Mega Bridge was to boost the economic development between Macau, Hong Kong, and Zhuhai. The bridge will cut short the journey time for an hour to 30 minutes.
The construction of this bridge was started in the year 2009 and since then, either due to deaths of workers, or overrunning of budgets or corruption, the completion was delayed. But now, the bridge is finally complete and its inaugural date has finally announced by China’s central government’s liaison office.
The bridge is a part of Chin’s Greater Bay Area development plan, and the plan was proposed by Beijing with a motive of linking 11 cities of the Pearl River Delta more tightly. The cluster of cities also included semi-autonomous territories of Macau and Hong Kong.
According to the sources, China’s President Xi Jingping is expected to attend the opening ceremony, but till now there is no official confirmation.
According to the Gao Xinglin, senior engineer and assistant director at Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge authority, “this longest sea bridge will be a potent symbol of growing geopolitical ambitions”
When the bridge will open, it will also cut the travel time to Asia’s greatest airline hub, Hong Kong International Airport from Zhuhai and Macau.
Sign up to collect offers
- Versace To Open A New Flagship store In Beijing!
- Walmart to named Seiyu in Global Business Revamp
- H&M Slams Back Its New Store Openings Project!
- The Prime Rib Of Lawry - US Restaurant Wins Reduction By 80%!
- Alibaba management shakeup marks CFO promoted
- Online fashion retailer Mogu sales grow up by 18.7 per cent
- HMV Collapses In Hong Kong, Stock Are To Be By Tender!
- Fred Perry And Amy Winehouse Collaboration's The Crossover Collection Launches In Stores!
- Hong Kong designers showcased local brands at Arab Fashion Week
- The LVMH Cosmetic Retailer - Sephora Confirms Its Comeback In Hong Kong!
on Your phone
Get your hands on our Mobile Apps for Android & iPhone for offers on the goDownload App