Google To Open Its E-Store By November To Sell Gadgets In India!
Post by Sameena Farooq | Oct 11, 2018
Google is planning to expand its sale and has premeditated to open an e-commerce store in India. But, it won’t be doing any direct commerce there as the purpose of its launch is to provide some valuable gadgets to all the residents of India.
Over the past few months, it has been strong rumours that Google is planning to open an e-commerce store this Diwali in November and it all seems to become a reality. With Diwali arriving very soon, it is just a few days left to experience the giant e-commerce platform.
The company is ready with their plans and planning ahead great indirect online storefront for its branded products including flagship smartphone Pixel, Chromecast, Google home speakers, and virtual reality gear.
The storefront will be quite familiar with Apple’s storefront for the Indian market. The website will list all the branded and licensed hardware products. Also, it can gain access to consumer data and enhance their buying experience.
Currently, Google has its web platform (store.google.com) in India that helps users in locating its offline and online buying platforms.
Google sources say, “We are looking to launch a brand in India with an authorized partner who will operate and manage the accomplishment”.
The source further stated that “A storefront allows Google to get access to premium users who are looking to buy its phones and secondly, it helps the brand to control the end-to-end selling and to be able to sell different products “.
Last year, in 2017, Google’s market shares in India was 0.07% of the smartphone market while the premium category smartphones above $600 were 3%. And in the nine months of the year 2018, the numbers fell down to 0.03% and 1.6% respectively.
This is a major setback for Google.
Therefore, on its pre-launch version of its India’s storefront (store.google.com), it has allowed the users to find both the online and offline retailers to purchase from them.
In November, the users will get a new option to purchase and will be redirected to the partner’s page for a transaction to be completed.
So, Indians need to rejoice and get ready for the e-store to get launched within some weeks!
Sign up to collect offers
- Women's workwear brand disruptor Ombre Lane wins seed funding
- Alibaba Will Not Be Shipping Goods To India As "Gifts"!
- Flipkart's Delivery Unit, Ekart Fires 300 Seasonal Workers In Kheda, Gujarat!
- The Government Put Bans On Deep Discount and Cash Back Schemes on Amazon and Flipkart
- Myntra’s Vector Registers 90% Drop in FY18 Revenue
- Amazon Reports Its Record-Breaking Holiday Sales!
- Aditya Birla Fashion Group Is The Most Organised Retail, With Its 3% Hike!
- Success Story Behind The Great Indian Sale Of Amazon!
- Festive Sale Season Awareness Through Social Media Websites And Television Ads!
on Your phone
Get your hands on our Mobile Apps for Android & iPhone for offers on the goDownload App