Lazada Names New CEO For The Second Time in 2018
Post by Sameena Farooq | Dec 17, 2018
Alibaba co-founder Lucy Peng will remain as the chairwomen for further years even after the new appointment.
Southeast Asia-based e-commerce Lazada Group has announced its second CEO on Thursday for the same year as president Pierre Poignant taking the role immediately.
Current Lucy Peng, who worked for more than nine months will remain in the business and she will continue to perform her duties as title executive chairwoman.
In a media statement, Lazada portray the modification as “succession planning”.
Poignant was appointed as the president in August 2018 will make efforts in leading the company’s strategic development and help it to grow in countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. The efforts are combined on all its branches and managing the regional functional team leaders.
Lucy Peng said, “Pierre has combined his efforts tirelessly for the past six years and being named as a well-respected Lazada co-founder”.
Peng added, “The team members and the co-founders have the vision to build a strong Logistics network from the ground from the days when no one believed in e-commerce in Southeast Asia– this precious asset has now set us apart from the rivals. Over these years, Pierre has worked very consistently and delivered beyond his call of duty and excelled in each role he has taken up.”
Alibaba ecosystem has benefitted Lazada immensely from the technological expertise to the logistics network.
In the coming year in 2019, it will be a great turning point for Lazada in becoming more efficient and come out as stronger with the efforts of the new CEO appointed.
Sign up to collect offers
- Seven F&B Brands Looking For Franchisees In Philippines!
- Kendall Jenner Joins The Team Of Retail Brand Penshoppe
- Lazada Uses Chartered Flights for Delivering Tonnes of Orders on this Sales Season
- Hong Kong’s Hui Lau Shan to Open in the Philippines
- H&M Sales Rise Ever Than Before!
- More than 92% E-commerce Traffic in the Philippines is Collected by these 4 Platforms
- Samsonite Makes A Huge Leap In Sustainability by Launching Eco-Friendly Products!
- Giant Ikea Philippines store will be the world’s largest
- A Smart Clothing Concept With Built-In Bluetooth Chips Introduced By Tommy Hilfiger!
- The Johnnie Walker Manila House Pop Up Is Opened Now!
on Your phone
Get your hands on our Mobile Apps for Android & iPhone for offers on the goDownload App