Black Friday or Cyber Monday, Which one will perform better?
Post by Anupam Pandey | Nov 22, 2018
November is a really big occasion for online businesses and shoppers for many reasons. As it’s just a few weeks to Christmas and the start of the festive season. This means the shoppers would be looking to do a lot of shopping in anticipation of the festive occasion. The E-commerce businesses try to leverage such an auspicious occasion to attract consumers by conducting two mind-blowing sales, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, within a week.
Let us evaluate some stats of 2016-17 to find out which one works better for sellers. The sales number of Black Friday have been huge and shown an incline of $1.5 Billion one year reaching $7.9 Billion in 2017 from $6.4 Billion in 2016. The numbers of Cyber Monday are not as high as Black Friday but they do see a very striking surge in numbers and almost doubled up their sales stats within a year, from $2.65 in 2016 to a whopping $3.36 Billion in 2017.
The average expenditure done by each consumer on this Black Friday is expected to be almost $57 more than the average amount they would be spending on the Cyber Monday. But there are few striking aspects which should not be undermined about Cyber Monday. In spite of being the lesser revenue on sales, Cyber Monday is still able to attract almost equal buyers from the higher spending consumers who spend $800 or more on an average.
Cyber Monday is able to garner more sales when it comes to an appliance and house gadgets but Black Friday is able to get better sales numbers in other product categories. This essentially concludes how the two sales have been doing for the E-commerce world. Well, what will be the result this year? We will have to wait and watch, as the sale concludes. Be prepared for a shopping storm this week, Black Friday Sale on 23rd of November and Cyber Monday on the 26th just two days ahead.
Sign up to collect offers
- GS25 introduced new shared-bike charging service to its customer
- V-More introduces luxury redemption range
- The North Face unveils bags created from recycled tents
- Bvlgari Sets Up Omnia Pasticceria pop-up at Changi Airport
- Reebok is ready to launch the Aztrek pop up at Suntec City
- Gucci funds $10m in the diversity program
- Premium Smartphone Brand Samsung Is All Set To Open Its Galaxy Showcase Store In Tokyo!
- Uniqlo Singapore is ready to open its second largest store at Jewel Changi
- Foot Locker Reports Its Expansion In Capital Expenditure Program For The Year!
- Lazada To Ramp Up Its Southeast Grocery Retail Offer
on Your phone
Get your hands on our Mobile Apps for Android & iPhone for offers on the goDownload App