Lazada Pledges to Abandon Counterfeit South Korean Goods
Post by Anupam Pandey | Dec 05, 2018
Lazada has recently signed a memorandum of understanding with the Korean intellectual property agency that has asked them to abandon the counterfeit South Korean goods from its E-commerce platform.
Korean IP Regulator has signed the MOU with any E-commerce company for the first time the South East Asian region. It is also a clear indicator that signals the rise in demand for Korean goods amongst the people, especially for fashion and beauty products.
The decision was not an easy one for Lazada considering the fact that the Korean companies had a healthy follower count on their flagship store over the E-commerce platform which counted well over 200000 and it is speculated that Lazada would certainly lose a significant number of those users by this action.
There are few Korean brands such as Etude House, Innisfree, Laneige, Mamonde and 3 CE which were deemed risk of counterfeit products. Lazada took an immediate action on the counterfeit goods after it was brought under the notice of Lazada by the brand owners and they requested to remove every counterfeit product from the sale on their website. Lazada proceeded with the desired action after validating the authenticity of these Korean brands.
Sign up to collect offers
- Lazada Appoints It Second CEO In The Same Year!
- Black Friday or Cyber Monday, Which one will perform better?
- Lazada Introduced vendor loans program in Singapore
- Lazada Starts the LazStar Academy for Online Sellers!
- Fave and Grab form a strategic partnership across South-East Asia
- Lazada and Ninja Van Begin a E-commerce Delivery Partnership with 7-Eleven
on Your phone
Get your hands on our Mobile Apps for Android & iPhone for offers on the goDownload App