10 Hot Destinations For Spring Holidays In Europe 2019
Post by Sameena Farooq | May 23, 2019
Are you wandering here and there for inspiration on where to head during Spring Break? Explore some of the best selection of Europe’s top places where you can visit and rejuvenate season’s best weather from Copenhagen to the streets of London and the eternal Italian lakes to watching the Eiffel tower. In our guide, we will share with you the best places to go in Europe for Spring that will surely be a life-changing experience of your lifetime.
Stop brainstorming spring break ideas and look for great places for beach, theme parks lovers and city lovers. The continent is ideal to travel during Spring break because it’s both less crowded as well as less expensive than any similar trip would be on summer vacation.
So, whether you enjoy a beach vacation or a city vacation, we have rounded up 10 destinations for both the preferences.
Spring Holidays Family-Friendly City Break
Here we have arranged 5 recommendations for the best European spring break destinations that will be ideal to explore with your family at any time of the year.
1. London, England
London is definitely many families favourite place. There is so much to see and do in the city that many families prefer vacationing every often. Also, London is quite an expensive city but still is a little easier on your pocket in your travel during the off-season than during the summer vacation. For the best experience in London, you can book your Flight to London at a reasonable price by using Expedia voucher code and get ready for a thrilling adventure ride.
There are so many exciting things to do on your trip that your whole week of spring break will be filled with activities to do and still you might not able to explore everything. So, instead of cursing yourself later that, “Wish I could have seen this and visited that place”, you prep up everything in advance.
- Places to visit with kids and family: Kids and teens will definitely have a great time exploring the historic attractions such as the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey and St. Paul's Cathedral, London's world-class museums (many of which have free entrance), Royal appeal such as Buckingham and Kensington Palaces, and anything related to Harry Potter. After all, children and teens are the big fans of Harry Potter books and movies.
- How to travel around the city: You can easily hop around the city on a train and take a day trip away from the city to a famous place like Windsor Castle, Canterbury, Dover, Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath and many more places.
2. Paris, France
Paris is another luxurious European city where one can easily survive on budget during the off-season. Though the best time to travel the city is from April to June and October to early November when you will notice the mild weather and enjoyable for the tourist crowd.
On your visit, you will find Paris lives up to its expectation and prove to be the world-class romantic city with lots of family-friendly activities in the city. You can also make the kids excited about your visit to the city by showing them beautiful pictures of many of the city's well-known attractions.
- Places to visit with kids and families: On your spring break trip, you can ascend Eiffel Tower, visit Notre Dame Cathedral, and cruise on the Seine. Also, explore Luxembourg Gardens and Tuileries Gardens and browsed famous art at the Louvre, Musée d'Orsay and Musée Rodin, Palace of Versailles and Disneyland Paris.
- How to travel around the city: It won’t be too difficult to travel around Paris. Though the best way to explore the city is by walking you can also take public transportation options such as taxis, city buses, the metro, riverboats and tour buses.
3. Rome, Italy
Rome is a wonderful city ideal in spring break and educational family travel destination. The city located in Italy is filled with an interesting history, culture and art. You will have a great time during Spring season as the days will be warm and full of flowers, definitely, children will have a great time.
- Places to visit with kids and families: There’s so much for a family to explore - from the ancient Roman ruins to appeal to kids particularly the remarkable Colosseum. On the tour, families can enjoy their tour by visiting Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, Villa Borghese, Vatican Museums and see the incredible Sistine Chapel and don’t forget to throw coins at Trevi Fountain to ensure you return back to Rome.
- How to travel around the city: There are multiple ways to travel around the city such as you can walk, take the bus, metro, combination of the three, or take a taxi or car service.
4. Amsterdam, The Netherlands
One of the most favourite place of people for short spring break trips in Europe where they can cherish some great time. Drenched in history, Amsterdam lets you witness some of the best museums and galleries in Europe here, such as the famous Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum in Museum Square. Many visitors love coming up here to experience the amazing neighbourhood places, sights & secrets.
- Places to visit with kids and families: Cruising is one of the best things to plan with family and see it from the water on a canal cruise. Make sure to visit The Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and Anne Frank's House to experience the real side of Amsterdam. Also, if time allows then be sure to visit the Dutch side of the countryside.
- How to travel around the city: You can easily travel around the city using a bicycle, public transportation like trams, buses and metros or on foot.
5. Bern, Switzerland
Switzerland’s capital city of Bern has many activities that could tempt the families who are interested in a spring break stopover. The old town is a UNESCO World Heritage site displays gorgeous limestone arcades ideal for shopping, attractive fountain statues and the 16th-century Zytglogge that outline an exorbitant clock with a humorist ringing bells and medieval collectables. You could easily find a relaxing place on your stay by booking it from online using Hotels.com discount code.
- Places to visit with kids and families: Einstein House Museum, Dahlholzli Animal Park, Ropetech Adventure Park, Bern’s Migros or Coop grocery stores, are some of the places that are a must visit when you are in Bern.
- How to travel around the city: Bern is a compact city that can be easily explored on foot from the rail station. There are excellent public transportation systems available with tickets available for all modes of transport within a given time zone.
Spring Holidays Couple Friendly Exotic Break
If you wish more of an exotic vacation and looking to spend some leisure time then plan to travel to these destinations where you could some of the most relaxing days of the year.
6. Ammochostos, Cyprus
Cyprus is one of the best island nations that gets overshadowed by its neighbour Greece. Located near Greece, it offers great and similar climate and exotic beaches. Also, the island continues to be among the topmost hidden gems in Europe. Its Ammochostos area is one of the most liked towns surrounded by resort town having golden sands and blue skies. The region is the centre point of the Famagusta city, known for its 15th century Venetian Walls and old 14th-century Mosque. You will witness the area having a perfect mix of history, culture, and beaches.
- Places to visit: Couples love spending good time in beaches such as Ayia Napa Beach, Protaras Beach, Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque, Famagusta City Walls where they could spend good times and make memories.
- How to travel around the island: To travel around, self-drive is the best and most common way or also you could walk on foot as the town is small.
7. Malta, Republic Of Malta
Malta is one small country in the world that also ranks among the top interesting places in the world. The small island nation is only 315 sq km long packed as one of the favourite destinations of world’s avid travellers. The island has a history back to 5,200 BC that reflects the big monuments from all ages including the Stone Age invasions from Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Phoenicians, Normans, and French.
- Places to visit: Rabat, Dingli, Valletta, Gozo, Victoria, Mdina, Qala
- How to travel around the country: Take the X1 bus route that will take you to the ferry at Ċirkewwa or you could rent the car from the airport.
8. Zadar, Croatia
Thanks to Games of Thrones series that made Dubrovnik an extremely popular destination. But Croatia is more than just Dubrovnik; Zadar is one of the upcoming tourist destinations that have started enjoying the laid-back vibe for a relaxing getaway. The old street towns are an ideal destination for a relaxing vacation. The towns and streets in Zadar are a great hub among tourists as they enjoy walking and exploring.
- Places to visit: Travelers seeking adventure can explore the best areas such as Sea Organ, Zadar Cathedral, and Church of St. Donatus.
- How to travel around the city: The best way to travel around the city is to take the public transportation option bus. Zadar's local bus company is one and only local bus lines that travel from the bus station to the town centre and the suburban areas.
9. Abisko, Sweden
Abisko is a small village town in Sweden located in the Swedish Lapland and known as among the most offbeat target in Europe. The tourists here visit Abisko as they have a specific goal in mind that they have to see the magnificent Northern Lights. Probably, the city is the best place in Europe to take a sight to Northern Lights as one can take a beautiful view from late-September to March. During the day time, the region will be filled with remarkable Arctic landscape that offers gushing rivers, moors, lakes that make it a dream destination for nature lovers and adventure aficionado.
- Places to visit: Head to Abisko Jokk, Abisko National Park, and Silverfallet.
- How to travel around the island: If you can manage the timings to get the train from Kiruna to Abisko, or you can take the taxi to get from the airport to the railway station or walk. Also, you can get a transfer directly from the airport to Abisko.
10. Majorca, Spain
Experience the European summertime in style by visiting Mallorca (Majorca) one of Spain's Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean. It is one of the popular islands in Spain and many tourists love visiting the island as it offers beach resorts, sheltered coves, limestone mountains and Roman and Moorish remains. You can find yourself the best shelter and a comforting resort in Mallorca at Hotels Viva. You can book your stay using Hotels Viva promo code and confirm your stay in the luxury hotel at discount price.
- Places to visit: There are multiple places that are a must visit including Cathedral-Basilica de Santa Maria, Cap de Formentor, Castell de Beveller, Drash Caves, Stone-built villages like Pollença, famous for its art galleries and music festival, and hillside Fornalutx, bordered by citrus cultivated area.
- How to travel around the island: Getting around Majorca by bus is easy, resourceful and cheap. There are many buses service that provides its service almost on all towns and villages in limited rural areas. Palma's chief bus station spot is situated near the train stations in Plaza Espaňa.
So, what are you waiting for!? Travel to any of the above destinations in Europe during Spring Holiday and make your journey etched in your mind forever.
Sign up to collect offers
- Caribbean Islands - The Best Bank and College Holiday Destination for 2020
- Island Destinations for Best Summer Holidays with Family & Friends
- Best Hotels To Book For Family Holidays In Europe!
- 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup in France
- 5 Of The Best Dog-Friendly Destinations And Cottages To Stay In Europe
- A Complete Guide: Train Travel In Europe For Students!
- 12 Breathtaking Locales in England that Will Leave You Mesmerized
- Most Epic Island Destinations of Spain That Will Make You Go Crazy!
- 2 Most Epic Island Destinations of Spain That Will Make You Go Crazy!
- 10 Top Mind Blowing Holiday Destinations in Spain That You Must Visit in 2018
on Your phone
Get your hands on our Mobile Apps for Android & iPhone for offers on the goDownload App