Are you making efforts to travel Phuket this year for vacation? The city intrigues every type of traveler, whether you want to party or want to escape from the crowd, Phuket has a place for everyone. This comprehensive travel guide on best places to stay in Phuket allows you to learn about different places offering uniqueness based on your taste and preference.
The first thing you must take into consideration before going on a trip is to pick up the right part of your stay. As the Phuket city has many things to offer you including the exotic beaches near the island, resort areas offering different character and the vibrant city life. So, if you choose the right area according to your needs and preferences then you will definitely have a fantastic holiday.
Why People love travelling To Phuket, Thailand?
Do you know that Phuket alone draws the majority of tourists in the country Thailand?
This means anyone visiting the country Thailand make sure they make their stopover to the beautiful destination Phuket after all the city welcomes every type of tourists with open arms and offers them the beautiful beaches, weather, food, shopping, temples, and it’s hard to get bored!
Here are some of the best things you could do in Phuket:
- Roam around in the streets in a motorcycle
- Head straight to Sirinat National Park or Khao Phra Taew National Park
- Spend sunny days at any beach
- Get a traditional Thai massage
- Have a walking tour of Old Town Phuket
Where to Stay in Phuket?
Phuket is an island that covers space around 50 km long and 20km wide, it is a big island than you would imagine. So, this clearly means that there will be no shortage of places to stay for you. With so many options, different areas in the city, it becomes difficult to decide where to stay in Phuket Thailand.
To make it easy for you, we have made different choices for different types of traveller. Take a look below at some best places to stay in Phuket.
But before you know about the best hotel and its features, here’s a breakout of the top four areas in Phuket that attracts a huge number of tourists. Look the stats below collected through market research to understand 2017 and 2018 room rate and how much revenue is earned.
Now, find the best hotels in Phuket to stay.
#1: For Solo Traveller – Stay in Patong
Patong is the main tourist area in Phuket, filled with hundreds of people having a gala time. You will witness people enjoying Jet Ski, enjoying the massage, having fun in the streets and much more.
The whole street is surrounded and littered with bars, ping pong shows; everything plagued well that attracts singles and all solo travellers.
The Patong beach magnetizes tourists as it has the best shopping market including clothing, handbags, watches, shoes and some best designer watches, clothing, shoes, bags, of varying prices. You can find here some best Phuket hotels in Patong Beach that makes solo traveler stay interesting.
Lub d Phuket Patong is the cheapest and best hostel in Patong for stay
The hotel is equipped with some best facilities, surrounded by top-class eateries, and is among the best hotels in Phuket for Singles. There are many nearby attractions including Patong beach just 3-minute walk away from the hotel, Bangla Boxing Stadium 13 minutes away on foot and Phuket International Airport about 35 km away.
Amenities offered by the hotel:
- The rooms offer free Wi-Fi, bunk beds, bathrooms, TV, refrigerator, balconies, terraces and much more.
- Car parking is available.
- The restaurant of the hotel features a beautiful interior with high ceilings and exposed pipes and self-serve breakfast facility is also available.
- Other amenities consist of guest laundry services, a Muay Thai boxing ring, a terrace, an outdoor pool for kids and adults.
#2: For Honeymooners, Couples & Families- Stay in Karon & Kata
The Kata Beach is a beautiful beach in Phuket surrounded by golden sands attracting families and is known to be the second-highest beach town after Patong. You can find here plush resorts, nice cafes, restaurants and bars and some fun things to do. The Kata beach is located near Karon and is the best beach resort in Phuket.
You can spend here chilled out nights, loud bars for partying, watch the sunset while enjoying some music.
Hotel De Karon is a great value for Money in Karon
The hotel is the best Phuket hotel 5-star for families located in the heart of beautiful golden sand in Karon offering a clean and spacious room to stay with excellent location, friendly and helpful staff. You can also find many interesting things and fun locations nearby such as the Karon beach is just 5-minute walk away and Phuket International Airport is 39km away from the hotel.
Amenities offered by the Hotel:
- The hotel rooms are well-equipped and furnished featuring free Wi-Fi, TVs, fridges, and tea and coffee making facilities.
- The hotel also offers massage which relaxes a traveller and unwinds after a busy day.
- The staff at the hotel is well-mannered offer daily housekeeping, postal service, and taxi service at hotel doors.
#3: For Relaxation – Stay in Bangtao Beach
Bangtao beach is located on the Western Coast of Phuket popular and longest beach. It is a treat for nature lovers to spend their time here and visit the nearby 15 km to the North is Sirinath National Park where you see the popular nesting turtles and rare birds.
Dusit Thani Laguna hotel is the best option in Bangtao
One of the budgets and good choice hotels in Phuket is the Dusit Thani Laguna hotel. It is located at the calm oasis along a beautiful extend of Bangtao Beach. You can go out of the hotel room and get welcomed by the quiet beach that gives you inner peace.
Amenities offered by the Hotel:
- The hotel features balconies or terraces, with sea views, luxury rooms with full access to free Wi-Fi, flat-screens and minifridges and, tea and coffeemakers.
- The rooms and suites have a private pool, rooftop terrace and kitchen.
- The club rooms and suites also have a lounge that offers food and drinks.
- Additionally, a gym, an outdoor common pool, tennis court, and kids fun things to do.
- Get ready to experience all the fun in the beautiful city Phuket Thailand.
#4. For Party Lovers- Stay in Central Patong
Central Patong is the heart of the city nightlife in Phuket. Probably, it is one of the busiest parts in Phuket that treat the city with unending opportunities. It’s located at the centre of the Patong Beach and located near Bangla Road, which is known to be party hub of Phuket. If you love to party and enjoy the nightlife then Central Patong will be your favorite spot to visit.
Here you can find amazing hotel options along with some exciting things such as you can enjoy the carnival of neon-lit bars, defeating music and cheap liquor at night. It’s known to be the centre of Phuket’s entertainment industry.
Swiss Palm Beach Hotel is for party lovers
The Swiss Palm Beach Hotel is one of the best accomodation you can find in this area. It is a place that offers you a homely feeling where you can hit with families and enjoy a good time with them.
Amenities offered by the Hotel:
- The hotel offers spacious apartment along with the facility for guests such as a small clean pool for kids to splash around.
- The guests can enjoy housekeeping, taxi service, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour security, and a kitchen with some necessary equipment.
- Enjoy the nearby hotel attractions such as Orientala Spa, Chabad House Phuket, and Mister Singh Fashion Gallery Tailor.
#5. For Old Memories and History Lovers – Stay in Phuket Old Town
The capital of Phuket, Old Town is the oldest and steeped place in history. It is a world away located far from the urbanized jungles of Phuket. So, if you want to enjoy the historical feel or want to witness the culture of Phuket closely then you can make your visit to the old Town in Phuket.
The old structured buildings and the architecture are lined up in a street showing the beauty of the old town. You can spend good times here, stay here, click pictures, visit charming cafes, Sino-Portuguese buildings, and, quaint mansions.
The Memory at On On Hotel is the most convenient hotel
The Phuket town is located at the heart of the city and the hotel memory at On On Hotel is the first hotel that is built in Phuket back in the mining times days. It is beautifully crafted, adorned in traditional décor, located conveniently in the old town.
Amenities offered by the hotel:
- The hotel is located at an excellent location and is a perfect base for you to enjoy your stay.
- The food, internet access, services like laundry, concierge, refrigerator, mini-bar, shuttle service and much more are available in the hotel.
- Enjoy the nearby hotel attractions such as Phuket Centre Tour and Shrine of the Serene Light.
#6. For Luxury Travelers – Stay in Mai Khao
If you want to have the most relishing and luxury experience on your trip then Mai Khao is a good choice located at 11 kilometres long and is known to be the Phuket’s best places surrounded with palm and tropical trees.
The beaches of Sirinath National Park are the reason why you will not find most of the crowd and can spend a relaxing time in comfort. Mai Khao is closely connected to the airport and is a top choice when you are searching for where to stay near Phuket airport.
You can also enjoy the fun of the Splash jungle water park and stay is the most exotic best beach resorts in Phuket.
Centara Grand West Sands Resort for an everlasting fun time
The Centara Grand West Sands Resort is home to the fun Splash Jungle Waterpark and is also the best place to stay if you want to get wet.
The resort offers a variety of large rooms, unlimited facilities, and can get free access to the waterpark.
Amenities offered by the resort:
- There are 40 alluring rooms that keep all the stress away along with a wide range of in-room amenities like clothes rack, free welcome drink, bed sheets, linens, secretive doorway, and bathroom slippers.
- The resort offers its own private beach along with a full-service spa, water park, fitness centre, outdoor pool.
- The hotel has the best staff offering 24-hour security, 24-hour room service, daily housing, free Wi-Fi in all rooms, gift/souvenir shop.
Hope now you have FOUND your ideal stay in Phuket!
We hope the above list has helped you find the best ideal stay for your vacation. Start your journey to Phuket Thailand and make memories by staying in these comfortable and well-furnished hotel rooms.
What’s your best area to stay in Phuket? Do share your views about the hotels in the comments below or if you have any other hotel suggestion in Phuket do share with us!